The United Methodist Church of Danbury’s ALTAR GUILD works toward providing the best possible environment for our congregation’s worship, in service to the church and our Lord.
The Dorothy Day Hospitality House feeds the homeless and at-risk population in Danbury. Their kitchen is open seven days a week.
Our church crew hosts the second Saturday every month.
We have a wonderful crew of very dedicated volunteers that work a couple of hours on our designated Saturday.
We make 60 sandwich bags for “to go” lunches, prepare enough food to feed 150 people, mix up a dozen drink pitchers and offer a friendly smile.
Send us an email from our contact us page if interested in helping!
What can you do to help?
- Donate loaves of bread.
- Donate a 16oz. package of cold cuts.
- Donate a container of drink mix.
- Make a loaf of bread and a package of cold cuts into sandwiches and bring them to the kitchen.
- Donate cookies; either bought or home made.
- Join our crew and help prepare or serve.